- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Gravesend, Kent
- A specialist school in Gravesend is looking for a special needs Teaching Assistant with experience of working with challenging children and young people.
- £65-£75 per day (inclusive of holiday pay)
SEN Teaching Assistant Gravesend
A specialist school based in Gravesend is looking for a special needs teaching assistant with experience of working with challenging children and young people.
This is a specialist SEN school that caters for young people with complex social, emotional and mental health difficulties and histories of educational failure.
Purpose of the Job
- Special needs teaching assistant will be working with a secondary aged pupil who has severe complex needs including attachment disorder. Students are academic and they range from mild learning difficulties to gifted and talented.
- Special needs teaching assistants will need excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Good knowledge/experience working with children with SEMH within a Special needs environment
- Special needs teaching assistants will need experience working with secondary aged pupils
- Special needs teaching assistants will be collaborating with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum
- Assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- Liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
What you will get in return
You will receive support from your personal recruitment consultant, a competitive daily rate whilst working for Teaching Support as well as a great opportunity to make use of the training we have to offer. This is a great chance to join a school in a flexible role.
If this position sounds right for you, please send across your CV to email@example.com