- Speech and Language Therapist
- We are working with a large ‘Outstanding’ special school in Westerham that are looking to recruit an experienced Speech and language therapist
Speech and Language Therapist
We are working with a large ‘Outstanding’ special school in Westerham who are looking to recruit an experienced Speech and language therapist
. The role will be due to start in February. They will begin with a probationary period working through Teaching Support and if this is passed there will be permanent contracts available.
The school caters for children and young people who have physical disabilities and complex care needs. The ideal person will need to be flexible as you will be working across the primary and secondary departments but mainly Primary.
Your working days will be Monday – Friday, below are some expectations for the role,
- To work as a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist providing assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and advice for a caseload of students, aged 4 – 19 years. This may include students with cerebral palsy, degenerative conditions, acquired disorders, receptive and expressive language disorders and dysarthria requiring the assessment, provision, and teaching/training in AAC (Alternative and Augmentative Communication) systems. There may also be a requirement to manage students with dysphagia and feeding difficulties.
- To deliver 1:1 session and lead small group work both within the classroom and outside around communication, speech, and language needs.
- To independently manage a specialist caseload using theoretical knowledge to inform decision making across the fields of communication and dysphagia.
- To act as the SLT representative at multi-disciplinary meetings as required.
- To provide training to others, professionals, carers, and parents.
- To liaise and work with teaching staff, support staff, advisory teachers, and other health professional staff as required.
- To provide management and supervision to SLT assistants within the school team.
- To maintain professional standards of service through CPD and other developmental activities, complying with the policies and procedures of Valence School and the Health Team.
- To supervise the work of assistants, volunteers and students on placement, within the Health Team and CHATA as required.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs, are confident in delivering lessons
Full driving license (due to location). Nearest village is Oxted and reachable via bus from there.
- DBS (Has to be run for children and adults, none recorded). You will need both or be willing to pay £44 towards the running or a DBS that covers both children and adults if you do not already have one on the update service
- Advantageous to be from a care background
The school is set in beautiful surroundings with many outstanding facilities and they have an incredibly supportive structure throughout the school to support all pupils and staff.
If you are interested in these positions and have the above requirements, please click here to send your CV ASAP to avoid missing out on this excellent opportunity. You will be rewarded with excellent competitive rates of pay.
Date Posted: 2021-2-5
End Date: 2021-2-27