- BSL School Transport Assistant
- We are recruiting for a BSL qualified person who has a strong knowledge of sign language. You will be required to take the child to and from school ( Newham to Kings Cross) and back home again.
- £60 per day
BSL School Transport Assistant
We are recruiting for a BSL qualified person who has strong knowledge of sign language. You will be taking a child to and from school (Newham to Kings Cross) and back home again) either via arranged transport with a number of BSL students or 1:1 via public transport.
The funding for the child is coming from Newham council, and it is a lovely position supporting a child and building a bond using sign language and spending a small amount of time each evening with the child’s parents feeding back about the child’s day.
The rate of pay is £60 per day, for working just the morning and afternoon taking the child to and from school. You will also be paid a daily rate of £8.50 to cover travel expenses. You must use public transport to support the child to and from school to help promote independence. If via minibus with other students the travel supplement will not apply.
Working days are Monday-Friday term time only.
Starting either in June/July or September for the whole academic year at a minimum.
Requirements of the role are,
- Supporting a deaf child 1:1 with the use of sign language.
- Using your knowledge and experience of British sign language to give a short daily feedback to the parents on how the day has gone.
- Make the child feel comfortable with your friendly and warm personality.
- Be qualified/certified in British Sign language.
- Must have or be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS on the update service.
If you meet all the above criteria and would like the opportunity to support a deaf child, please apply today and I will call you immediately firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2019-1-10