- Experienced Teaching Assistant
- Rural Ashford
- Teaching Support are currently working with a primary school in rural Ashford. The school are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to support 2 pupils with additional needs.
Experienced Teaching Assistant
I am currently working with a primary school in rural Ashford. The school are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to support two pupils, a YR2 and YR3. Whilst you would be required to support both pupils in their learning, the primary focus would be to support the YR2 pupil. The YR2 pupil will need someone that understands ASC and PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) whilst support for the YR3 pupil will be centred more around learning development delay.
Whilst this position will start on a long term/fixed contract role, there is also the potential to apply for a permanent position at the school for the right candidate.
Ideal candidates will be/have:
- Professional and caring individual
- A good understanding of safeguarding and working with vulnerable children
- Flexible, adaptable and be able to use own initiative
- Experience supporting children with ASC
- Own transport is essential due to the school’s rural location
- School hours 08:30am – 15:30pm (30hrs per week)
- SEN – ASC & PDA
- Supporting 2 pupils – YR2/YR3
- Daily rate from £65+ (depending on experience)
- Teaching Assistant 1:1
- Opportunity to apply for a permanent contract
If you would like to find more about the above position please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
All candidates must:
- Be able to commit to working the hours specified above.
- Provide a child only workforce DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS. The cost of a DBS is a one-off payment of £44 and the update service subscription is £13 per annum.
- If you have been a UK resident for less than 5 years, a right to work visa must be provided (non-EU) and a criminal background check certificate must be provided for any country resided in for 6 months or more within the past 5 years.
- Provide either a full original birth certificate and/or a valid passport.
Date Posted: 2020-2-11
End Date: 2020-2-29