Teaching Support are working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Gillingham who are looking for a temporary Teaching Assistant to start after half term. The position is long term and will run until the end of the academic year with a view of going permanent for the right person. You will be required to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 3:30 and will be rewarded with excellent rates of pay of £325 per week.
The PRU caters for children with Autism, Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties and those who are at risk of permanent exclusion from their mainstream school across Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4.
Your role as a Teaching Assistant will be to:
· Work 1:1 and in small groups with the students.
· Follow Individual Education Plans.
· Manage any challenging behaviour.
· Differentiate the work to match the needs of the students.
It is essential that you have:
· Previous experience supporting pupils with SEN.
· Knowledge of the KS3 + KS4 curriculum.
· An excellent level of literacy and numeracy.
· Good behaviour management skills.
If you have a passion for helping children achieve the best that they can every day, please send your CV ASAP.
If you register with us you will have access to a range of health, well-being and lifestyle tools through our benefits app as well as hundreds of high street, dining out and leisure discounts on the move.
Please note if you haven’t received a response from us within the next 14 days unfortunately you have not been successful in being shortlisted for this particular position.